Water is certainly the most essential element that the human needs. More than two thirds of the Earth’s surface is covered by water.
Water provides the essential minerals to your body, it assists in the overall functioning of the metabolism, it facilitates the weight loss process and supports the excretion of unnecessary substances.
Consumption of sufficient amounts of water prevents the formation of kidney stone.
Some experts suggest that you should drink water about 15 minutes prior to a meal and about 20 minutes after a meal. You will control your body weight by intake of appropriate quantities of water, and some studies recommend drinking 2 glasses of water before a meal.
This article will help you calculate the exact amount of water that is appropriate according to your body weight.
- Therefore the initial step is to measure your weight. This information will facilitate your calculation of your body’s need of water.
- It is really simple. Once you know your exact weight, you should divide this number by two and this will indicate the amount of water you need on a daily basis so that you can reduce your weight. This will be expressed in ounces. And this applies for calculations in pounds. Still, if you measure your body weight in kilograms, it is not necessary to divide the number by two. For example, if your body weight is 70 kilograms, this means that you should drink 70 ounces of water a day, which is slightly more than 2 liters of water.
- Another determining factor is the amount of physical activity. If you sweat more and lose more water every day, you need to increase your daily intake. The recommended increase is about 12 ounces a day.
In order to improve the condition of your body with the required water intake or as much as 100 ounces a day, you should:
- Drink two glasses of water (which is approximately 16 ounces) prior to breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Furthermore, drink one glass of water once you wake up and one before you sleep. This would provide the sufficient increase, and it will become a habit so you won’t have to worry whether you’ve drank enough water or not.