Green Tea has been used as a drink for over 5000 years, and its medicinal use has been formally documented for over a millennia.
The quickest and easiest story of Green Tea is provided by The Journal of the American Medical Association which drew the conclusion that Green Tea “would substantially contribute to the prolonging of life expectancy.”
The list of the benefits of green tea is astounding.
Because there are so many studies detailing the health benefits of green tea, and so there are many pros founded and unfounded associated with green tea, I will list a few of the more prevalent in bullet fashion.
- Green Tea is high in catechins. These catechins are extremely powerful antioxidants, bonding with and inhibiting free radicals from damaging the body. (heart disease, aging, etc.)
- These same catechins in Green Tea may be responsible for weight loss. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition studied Green Tea and found that it specifically targets fat, increasing fat burning.
- Green Tea is a thermogenic, raising the body’s temperature in order to burn more calories. Its thermogenic qualities are caused by more then just its natural Caffeine content.
- A study by Vanderbilt University found Green tea to reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels while increasing high density lipoproteins (good cholesterol).
- Yale University researchers released a study showing reduced risk of heart disease, heart failure, and coronary problems attributed to its cholesterol control and complex tannins, polyphenols, and anticoagulants to stop blood clots.
- Green tea is an anti inflammatory, and has been used to alleviate arthritis pain according to Case Western University.
- Green Tea has been anciently and historically recommended for possible urinary and bladder health, accenting brain function and awareness, reducing blood clotting, improving digestion, and to cure blotchiness.
As you can see the benefits claimed and researched for Green tea are long and extensive. There are a few drawbacks including jumpiness associated with the caffeine content, but there are also several benefits. Green tea and green tea supplements seem to assist the body in working in the fashion intended for the longest life. Make sure that the diet pills that you take will contain green tea.