Having a family and your own home to maintain implies a long list of activities, most of which are barely visible, that is, we do those things every day and no one can notice the difference.
And if we don’t do those things, well then, you will notice for sure.
Every woman needs an advice when it comes to home maintenance.
Here we indicate several quite simple and quick activities that will help you clean your home more effectively.
- Dish-washing sponge – we all get disturbed by the fact that germs and bacteria spread in wet environments such as the kitchen sponge. So the best advice how to use it every day is to put the dish sponge in the microwave for 2 minutes before you wash the dishes. This will kill all bacteria.
- Homemade air freshener – You’ve probably heard or read about the harmful effects of air fresheners. However here we advise you to make your own, homemade air freshener by mixing a cup of coffee and 2 bottle caps of vanilla extract. Keep the obtained mixture in the oven at a temperature of 150°C for one hour. Voila! Nice scent for your home.
- Toilet rings – use Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to clean your toilet ring. Make sure you leave it during the night, and your toilet seat will be clean the next day.
- Light bulbs – use a microfiber cloth to clean them.
- Bathroom –alkaline cleaners will be more effective with hot water in the bath tub.
- Sticky mess – treat stains with a mixture made of equal proportion of sodium bicarbonate and coconut oil.
- Washing machine – insert 2 small glasses of vinegar in the washing machine and turn it on, it should work approximately one hour. Do this twice. Then insert 2 glasses of bleach and the machine should work for an additional hour. Afterwards, clean all the elements such as lids, knobs, crannies etc. by using cotton swabs, and then turn the machine on once again. After this procedure it will shine like new.
- Water stains – you can protect the tap from water stains if you rub it with wax paper.
- Baseboards – use fabric softeners to clean them.
- Carpet and mattress stains – mix some hydrogen peroxide and dish soap, this is very effective solution against stains.